Special Guest Speaker: Tuesday Piper – Tuesday is the official city of Orlando beekeeper.
When: Thursday August 17th, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
National Honey Bee Day
Saturday, August 19th: VOLUNTEER!!
Celebrate by helping OBBA set up the groundwork for the Club Apiary!
The apiary will be located at the UF/IFAS extension office (6021 South Conway Road). It is adjacent to the Archery field which is behind the gardens. The best entrance will be on the south side off of judge road. There is a gate on judge road. That is the quickest and shortest route to walk to the proposed apiary area. Please park off the street!
Time for the project:
9am-12 pm, Saturday August 19th
What will be done:
- Clearing out area for the apiary (mowing, weed whacking)
- Putting up fence around apiary (putting in posts, and fencing)
- Setting up a few stands/supers to get ready for nuc installation at the next workshop
What we need for the day:
- Volunteers! Make sure you wear sunscreen, protective clothing, and bring water
- Work gloves
- Pliers (bull nose)
- Wire cutters
- Extra cordless weed wackers
We really hope you can make it even if it’s just for an hour. We have been without an apiary for quite a while and we believe it’s very important to have workshops to help new beekeepers learn this wonderful hobby.
Bee suits, veils and other beekeeping equipment are not necessary for this workshop. This is a fence building workshop.